December 26, 2018
VIA RAIL WRAPS UP ITS 40TH ANNIVERSARY WITH CANNOT MISS END-OF-YEAR SALES
MONTRÉAL, December 26, 2018 - Plan your next train adventure and save by taking advantage of the VIA Rail Canada (VIA Rail) 40th anniversary end-of-year sale! From December 26 to 31, VIA Rail is holding its last big sale of the year and offering the following discounts on our lowest ticket fares:
- 15% off in Economy class (entire network) and 15% off in Business class (Québec City – Windsor corridor)
- 25% off long-distance and regional trips in Sleeper Plus class
- $15 tickets throughout the network for kids ages 2 to 11, accompanied by an adult travelling in Economy class between December 26, 2018 and January 5, 2019
Travellers will be able to afford quality time with family and friends, and avoid the hazards of winter driving, all while enjoying an easy, safe, sustainable and pleasant travel experience.
- Tickets must be purchased between December 26 and December 31 for sales on trips along the Québec City – Windsor Corridor and on long-distance and regional trips.
- Tickets must be purchased between December 26, 2018 and January 5, 2019, for kids ages 2 to 11
Eligible trip dates
- Québec City – Windsor Corridor: Between January 7 and February 14, 2019, inclusive
- Long-distance and regional trips: Between January 7 and April 30, 2019, inclusive
- Kids tickets: Between December 26, 2018 and January 5, 2019, inclusive
About VIA Rail
As Canada’s national rail passenger service, VIA Rail (viarail.ca) and all its employees are mandated to provide safe, efficient and economical passenger transportation service, in both official languages of our country. VIA Rail operates intercity, regional and transcontinental trains linking over 400 communities across Canada, and about 180 more communities through intermodal partnerships, and safely transports nearly 4.8 million passengers annually. The Corporation has been awarded five Safety Awards and three Environment Awards by the Railway Association of Canada since 2007. Visit the “About VIA Rail” section at www.viarail.ca/en/about-via-rail.